Why Co2 Laser Marking Machine Is Not Suitable For Engraving Metal
Why is CO2 laser marking machine not suitable for engraving metal? Perfect LaserLaser will share with you. Usually laser marking machines use different marking machine types depending on the marking material, because the configuration principles of different models are very different and are very sensitive to the product material. The carbon dioxide laser marking machine with 9.3um laser wavelength is aimed at thinner plastic materials to ensure that the laser coding will not penetrate the sample. The 10.2um wavelength is for the use of film-coated cartons, and the laser coding does not bubble or curl. The 10.6um wavelength is mainly used for uncoated cartons and thicker plastics.
Then why is CO2 laser marking machine not suitable for engraving metal?
1. Dot matrix engraving is exactly like high-definition dot matrix printing. The laser head swings left and right, engraving a line composed of a series of points each time, and then the laser head moves up and down at the same time to engrave multiple lines, and finally form a full-page image or text. Scanned graphics, text and vectorized graphics can be engraved using dot matrix.
2. Vector cutting is different from lattice engraving. Vector cutting is carried out on the outer contour of the graphic. We usually use this mode for penetrating cutting on wood, acrylic, paper and other materials, and can also be used for marking on a variety of material surfaces.
3. Spot size: The spot size of the laser beam can be adjusted by lenses with different focal lengths. Small spot lens for high resolution engraving. A lens with a large spot is used for lower resolution engraving, but for vector cutting it is the best choice. Standard on the new device is a 2.0-inch lens. Its spot size is in the middle, which is suitable for various occasions.
4. Engraving speed: Engraving speed refers to the speed at which the laser head moves, usually expressed in IPS (inches per second). High speed brings high production efficiency. Speed is also used to control the depth of cut, for a particular laser intensity, the slower the speed, the greater the depth of cut or engraving. You can use the engraving machine panel to adjust the speed, you can also use the computer's print driver to adjust. In the range of 1% to 100%, the adjustment is 1%.
5. Engraving intensity: Engraving intensity refers to the intensity of the laser light hitting the surface of the material. For a given engraving speed, the greater the intensity, the greater the depth of cut or engraving. You can adjust the intensity with the engraving machine panel or with the computer's print driver. In the range of 1% to 100%, the adjustment range is 1%. The greater the intensity, the greater the speed and the deeper the cutting depth.
The co2 laser marking machine generally uses CO2 laser, and the power of the laser tube currently used belongs to the range of medium and small power. The maximum is 300W. Originally, metals absorb less laser light at this medium wavelength. Therefore, carbon dioxide laser marking machines are generally not used to engrave metal.
Contact Person: Ms. Helen
Tel: + 0086-13971470845